Video Viewing Rooms
Faculty, staff, and verified teaching assistants (TAs) can reserve the following video viewing rooms for use by Northwestern classes and groups.
- Forum Room has a video and computer digital projection system and seats 52 people.
- Video Theater accommodates 30 people with movable seating. The room utilizes a 90" flat panel HDMI display.
To reserve these group viewing rooms, request a room at libraries.nu/libraryspace.
The Multimedia Center is currently equipped to play 1/2" VHS, multi-region Blu-ray which scales down to standard DVD, and laserdiscs. Laserdisc screenings must be reserved at the time of room scheduling. It is helpful if you indicate what format you will need when making your reservation.
Multimedia Center staff are available to assist with equipment setup and use by request via email at email@example.com.
Food and beverages
Food and beverages are allowed in the Multimedia Center's group viewing rooms, with the following guidelines:
- It is recommended that beverages be in containers with lids.
- Catered food must enter through the library’s loading dock.
- Panel tables may be requested at the time of room reservation for food and drink set-up near the Forum Room and the Video Theater.
- All unused or left-over food, drinks, serving dishes, utensils, and linens must be removed following the event; items cannot be left overnight.
For room reservations and requests, please request use at libraries.nu/libraryspace.
For further information, please see Northwestern University Libraries’ Building Use Policy.