Video Viewing Rooms
Faculty, staff, and verified teaching assistants (TAs) can reserve the following video viewing rooms for use by Northwestern classes and groups.
- Forum Room has a video and computer digital projection system and seats 67 people in fixed seating.
- Video Theater accommodates 30 people with movable seating. The room utilizes a 90" flat panel HDMI display.
- Seminar Room #3746 is equipped with a 52" color flat panel display. The room seats 16 at a large conference table for viewing and discussion.
To reserve these group viewing rooms, contact Mitchell Multimedia Center staff in advance. Call 847-491-7770 or email the department at firstname.lastname@example.org, Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5 pm.
The Multimedia Center is currently equipped to play 1/2" VHS, multi-region Blu-ray which scales down to standard DVD, and laserdiscs. Laserdisc screenings must be reserved at the time of room scheduling. It is helpful if you indicate what format you will need when making your reservation.
Multimedia Center staff are available to assist with equipment setup and use.
Start and Stop service
Start and Stop is a service for screening video titles without an instructor present, and must be requested by faculty or verified TAs to full-time staff members during regular Multimedia Center business hours, Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5 pm, and up to 10 business days in advance. Any title from the Multimedia Center's collection that is requested for a Start and Stop screening will automatically be placed at University Library's Reserve (located at the Circulation Desk on level one of the library) from the time that Multimedia staff process the request until the end of the academic quarter. Multimedia staff will retrieve the titles to be screened from Reserve before Start and Stop reservations, and they will return them to Reserve afterward.
Food and beverages
Food and beverages are allowed in the Multimedia Center's group viewing rooms, with the following guidelines:
- It is recommended that beverages be in containers with lids.
- Catered food must enter through the library’s loading dock.
- Panel tables may be requested at the time of room reservation for food and drink set-up near the Forum Room and the Video Theater.
- All unused or left-over food, drinks, serving dishes, utensils, and linens must be removed following the event; items cannot be left overnight.
For room reservations and requests, please contact Mitchell Multimedia Center staff in advance. Email the department at email@example.com, or call 847-491-7770, Monday - Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm.
For further information, please see Northwestern University Libraries’ Building Use Policy.