Skip to main content
Search

Charles Deering Memorial Library

Charles Deering library outside view
The Charles Deering Memorial Library is a campus architectural landmark designed by James Gamble Rogers. Built in 1933, it was modeled after King's College Chapel in Cambridge, England. Deering Library served as the library's main library until 1970 and now houses several distinctive collections. The library was named for Charles H. Deering, a Northwestern benefactor and a patron to the arts.

Announcement

From June 3 - mid-October, the elevator will not be in service. Upper level floors may be reached by the central stairs and are fully accessible by alternate entrances from University Library.