The McCormick Library of Special Collections and University Archives' collection includes manuscripts, University records, prints, broadsides, photographs, ephemera, multimedia, faculty publications and more. The majority of collections are cataloged in NUsearch, but some are discoverable only through other Northwestern University search tools.
Use the following search tools to locate materials in Northwestern Libraries' collection, as well as content that has been digitized and made available online.
- NUsearch searches the Libraries' vast collection of books, journals, articles and multimedia.
- Archival and Manuscript Collections Portal search individual collections' finding aids for archival and primary source materials.
- Audio + Video repository houses the Libraries' archival and course reserve AV material, including the Wildcats Football Films and other digitized videos from Northwestern's history.
- Digital Collections contains the Libraries' digital image collections of primary sources from our distinctive collections. A Northwestern NetID may be required to access some material.
- Northwestern University Web Archive: documents and preserves Northwestern websites of unique and enduring value.
- HathiTrust is a collaborative repository containing digitized items within the public domain. Find Northwestern's Alumni Publication from 1903-1987 here.
If you cannot find what you're looking for, contact a library staff member for assistance. Call 847-491-3635 or email email@example.com