Find & Use Materials
Start your research with the following tools:
- NUsearch searches the Libraries' vast collection of books, journals, articles, and multimedia
- Databases A-Z provides links to all library databases. Databases can be searched by title, subject or type.
- E-Journals A-Z provides links to all library electronic journals.
- Search other libraries to locate the materials. Items may be requested via interlibrary loan and delivered to Northwestern.
Access and borrow materials
Mudd Library's most circulated titles will be housed in open stacks and available for self checkout.
Mudd Library does not issue Borrower's cards or accept overdue fines and fees. Visit the University (Main) Library's circulation desk to speak with a staff member about Borrower's cards and fines and fees. Additional borrowing information and procedures can be found online:
- Borrowing privileges
- Renewing and returning items
- Loan periods
- Fees and fines for overdue, lost or damaged items
- Requesting items using Interlibrary Loan
- Requesting ASTM Standards
Course reserves are materials that have been put on hold for use by a specific class. They have a shorter check-out time than most materials. Physical course reserves at Mudd Library will be available in the open stacks and can be checked out using the self checkout system.
For information on putting items on reserve, visit the Reserve Information for Faculty page.