Interlibrary Lending to Other Institutions
Most materials are loaned for a period of 6 weeks. Renewals are often granted for an additional 6 weeks upon request.
Northwestern University Library (INU) lends the following materials:
- Books and bound journals
- Theses and dissertations (if a second copy is available)
- Newspapers on microfilm
- Government documents
- Technical reports
- DVDs and videotapes
The following materials are available for photocopying/scanning:
- Journal articles and book chapters
- Newspaper articles
- Reference materials
- Excerpts from Special Collections items
The following materials are NOT available for loan:
- Sound recordings
- Items from Special Collections
- Reference Materials
Use OCLC - Symbol INU
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Interlibrary Loan, Northwestern University Library, 1970 Campus Drive, Evanston, IL 60208-2300
- We do not accept telephone requests.
Loans are shipped via UPS or ILDS. FedEx delivery is available upon request at the borrower's expense. Please include your FedEx account number on the request form.
Copies are sent via Odyssey, Article Exchange or mail.
Fees and billing
- Loan services: $15 per filled request
- Photocopy/scanning services: $15 per filled request
- Fees are waived for members of CIC, ILLINET and institutions with whom we have signed reciprocal agreements.
OCLC IFM billing is preferred. Invoices are issued with the loan/photocopy.
All payments should be made in US currency. IFLA vouchers and international postal coupons are accepted. We do not accept cash or stamps in lieu of payment.