Interlibrary Lending to Other Institutions
Most materials are loaned for a period of 10 weeks. Renewals are often granted for an additional 4 weeks upon request. BTAA and Ivy Plus libraries are granted a 16 week initial loan with 4 week renewals.
Northwestern University Library (INU) lends the following materials:
- Books and bound journals
- Theses and dissertations (if a second copy is available)
- Newspapers on microfilm
- Government documents
- Technical reports
The following materials are available for scanning:
- Journal articles and book chapters
- Newspaper articles
- Reference materials
- Excerpts from Special Collections items
The following materials are NOT available for loan:
- LP Records
- Items from Special Collections
- Reference Materials
Use OCLC - Symbol INU
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We do not accept requests via telephone nor via postal mail.
- Rush shipping is not available.
- In person or courier pick up is not available.
Loans are shipped via UPS or ILDS. FedEx delivery is available upon request at the borrower's expense. Please include your FedEx account number on the request form.
Fees and billing
- Loans: US$20 domestic or Canada via IFM, US$25 if invoiced. US$50 international. Equivalent IFLA vouchers also accepted.
- Scans: US$15 per request
- Fees are waived for members of BTAA, RAILS, and institutions with whom we have signed reciprocal agreements.
OCLC IFM billing is preferred. Invoices are issued with the loan/scan.
All payments must be made in US currency or via IFLA vouchers.