Printing Refund Policy
The library provides no cash refunds for printing. The library will, however, issue reprints under the following circumstances:
- Paper jam
- Low toner
- Nonsense characters printed
- Print sent, but not released
- In short, any equipment or system error.
The following circumstances do not merit a reprint:
- Too many pages
- Incorrect print settings (such as margins or duplex/simplex)
- Misspelled words
- Wrong page numbers
- Printed the wrong document
- In short, anything you could have checked first in the "Print Preview."
Request Refunds Online
You can request that funds be added back to your NUPrint account through the NUPrint website under the Recent Print Jobs page. A refund can only be given in the form of NUPrint account funds. Northwestern University Library does not give cash refunds for reprints or unused balances.
Last Review: April 2021